Welcome to Raşit TURAN's Homepage. Prof. Turan is currently leading a research team in the field of semiconductor materials and devices. His current interests are .
- Semiconductor nanostructures for microelectronics and photonics applications.
- Si nanocrystals for light emitting devices and optical modulators.
- Third generation solar cells based on Si and Ge nanocrystals.
- Heterojunction solar cells based on a-Si/c-Si.
- Plasmonic enhancements with metal nanoparticles on solar cells.
He is currently running or paritcipating in several research projects including :
- EU FP 7 project Co-Nanomet
- EU FP7 project NANOBIOSENS
- Solar Energy Research and Development Center (GÜNAM) Project supported by State Planning Organization.
- Turkey-Italy collaboration project supported by TUBITAK
- Solar Cell Devlopment Project supported by Industry and Commerce Ministery
Dr Turan has coordinated two FP6 projects :
- SEMINANO (with contract number: 505285) was a project on the science and technology of semiconductor nanocrystals with 12 partners from 9 countries. It is a three year project completed on September 1, 2007.
- METU-CENTER was a Specific Supported Action type project aiming at improving the research capacity of the METU. This project was completed on May 1, 2008
He is currently leading 1 Post. Doc., 5 M. Sc. and 5 Ph. D. students.
Contact Address :
Department of Physics
Middle East Technical University
06531 Ankara, Turkey
Phone : 90 312 210 50 69
Fax : 90 312 210 50 99
e-mail : email@example.com